- BizStats.com-Free statistics and financial ratios for businesses by industry; find out what the average firm in your industry spends and earns.
- Business.gov-The central source for federal, state and local government information for businesses; learn about employment laws, where to apply for government grants and loans, and more.
- BusinessFinance.com-This lender-matching service offers a range of useful information on various ways to finance a business.
- Entrepreneurship.org-The Kauffman Foundation runs this site, which features hundreds of how-to articles for entrepreneurs, and data for policymakers.
- Nielsen-Snapshots of consumer trends in different markets, from groceries to movies, by one of the oldest and biggest market-research firms
- Ladies Who Launch-Blogs, success stories, how-tos and more, all targeting women entrepreneurs
- Access eCommerce Guide-Even internet-illiterate entrepreneurs can learn almost everything they need to start an e-commerce business here.
- Small Business Advancement National Center-The nation's entrepreneurship researchers contribute to this trove of scholarly articles on small-business issues.
- Small Business School-View online videos and read transcripts of presentations on financing, hiring, exits and more.
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S.-The U.S. Census Bureau's comprehensive and authoritative rundown of statistics on America's economy and society
Thursday, April 2, 2009
If you starting a business, here are 10 websites that you need to know. Remember that failing to plan is planning to fail.