Friday, April 24, 2009

CMB's OWN... NICKI MINAJ WOO WEEE


I’m not a female rapper. I’m just an entertainer. The problem with female rappers is they allow themselves to be boxed in. I’m not allowing the industry to box me in. It’s a big reason why you haven’t seen Nicki Minaj on MTV or BET yet. I’m making my own terms. A lot of record companies are like, ‘Why is she rapping and singing? Is she the bad girl or she the good girl?’ The thing that separates Nicki Minaj from the other girls is that I have to do what I want to do and that’s the only way I feel free. If you ever go to a Nicki Minaj show, you’ll see girls screaming like how they screamed for Cyndi Lauper back in that day. We’re setting trends. This is about a new culture of girls and I’m spearheading that movement. It’s about excitement. It’s about being smart, but being sexy. It’s all those things that girls want do, but sometimes we feel like we have to do one or the other.

All I want to know is what time does the damn Minaj start.. Wow.. Boy them Cash Money Boys must know something. Because lately they have been putting out the hits from the likes of Lil Wayne, Keri Hilson, Gudda Gudda, Nicki Minaj, Kevin Rudolph, Birdman and the rest of the Young Money Crew.

No comments: