Monday, April 27, 2009

SuperWoman of the Week



Meet Desiree Rogers. She's President Obama’s Social Secretary, the first African-American to hold the cabinet position. Secretary Rogers was a formidable force in Chicago’s business and community circles before joining the White House team. Along with her years of experience, an MBA from Harvard and contacts with anyone whose anyone, the New Orleans native brings a widespread expertise to the position. Her daughter Victoria is a freshman at Yale University.
So all the fellas looking for role models for your daughters, here's a great example. In the immortal words of Chris Rock..."Sometimes I am walking with my daughter, I'm talking to my daughter, I'm looking at her, I'm pushing her in the stroller. And sometimes I pick her up and I just stare at her and I realize my only job in life is to keep her off the pole. I mean they don't grade fathers but if your daughter is a stripper you f*&$#@ up."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would wife her today.

Anonymous said...

It is awesome to see her as a single mother making a mark despite the obstacles. You go girl!